From Our Editors
The family-owned Far Eastern Shore Winery takes the approach of adding fruits (other than grapes, of course) to its sweet wines, making them ideal for a variety of meals and desserts; simply stop by their tasting room to try them out for yourself and then take them home. Among them:
- Lotus: With a gewurztraminer base, this wine incorporates strawberry and lychee flavor; it's especially recommended for Asian dishes.
- Autumn: With a pinot gris base, this wine incorporates flavors of white cranberry juice. The winery recommends it for barbecues and alongside pumpkin pie.
- Ruby: A zinfandel base and pomegranate flavors combine to complement pastas, stews, and curries.
- Silver: This dessert wine is based in riesling and adds apple and vanilla flavors. It's recommended alongside fruits or with ice cream.
- Dream: The port-based wine is infused with raspberry and chocolate flavors; it's recommended with cheesecake and pound cake.