What You'll Get
Choose Between Two Options
- $14.50 for a one-year individual membership ($25 value)
- $18.50 for a one-year family membership ($35 value)
- General admission for one year
- Gift-shop discounts
- Discount on facility rentals
- Advanced notice of special events
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires 120 days after purchase. Amount paid never expires. May be repurchased every 365 days. Limit 1 per person, may buy 1 additional as gift. Valid only for option purchased. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Kansas Oil Museum
Where does oil come from? It's a question many kids eventually ask. The answer, in Kansas, has historically been from a mix of exploration and production in Flint Hills and Butler County. This museum highlights how it all worked, through a mix of classic history exhibits and more experiential ones.
- Size: 10 acres, much of it outdoors
- Eye Catcher: the hulking, early 20th-century equipment once used to extract oil from the earth. The curators have restored these machines to working order.
- Permanent Mainstay: the Historic Oil Boom Town, outfitted as if its residents might return at any moment. Run by oil officials, towns like this were once self-sufficient settlements set up in response to oil discoveries, complete with stores, schools, and plenty of black gold.
- Don't Miss: special events where visitors can see the restored oil equipment in action