From Our Editors
2941 Restaurant: A User's Guide
Modern French Cuisine | Acclaimed Duck Burger | Onsite Herb Garden | Meal with a View | French Wines
- Small bite: crispy calamari, described as “luscious” by the Washington Post
- Pasta: smoked-burrata ravioli with escarole and spicy duck
- Entree: bacon-wrapped monkfish with syrah sauce
- Dessert: salted-caramel brownie with buttermilk sherbet
Where to Sit: Ask for a table near the floor-to-ceiling windows, which look out over a sprawling koi pond and lush garden with an original Rodin statue at its center.
When to Go: Swing by during lunch, when the ever-popular Daffy burger is on the menu. This decadent sandwich showcases a patty blended with duck breast, duck leg, and foie gras. The patty is topped with even more foie gras, as well as a sweet-and-sour onion agradolce to cut the richness.
While You're Waiting
- Stroll through the outside herb garden where Executive Chef Bertrand Chemel harvests fresh ingredients daily.
- Ask sommelier Jonathan Schuyler to suggest an ideal wine pairing from 2941’s largely French selection, or pass the time with a classic cocktail.
- Gaze into the crystalline structure of the giant geode in the dining room.
Dress Code: Come as you are. Although you’ll still see business suits and date-night dresses, 2941 shed its former special-occasion-only image with a complete redesign in 2012, incorporating a laid-back dress code to match its more casual culinary offerings.