From Our Editors
Chillounge Night moves the atmosphere of a nightclub outdoors, freeing warm pulses of bass to tremble under the stars and roll beneath the chatter of guests perched on plush sofas. As the sun sinks below the horizon, the atmosphere takes on a festive feeling. Samba dancers parade past tables laden with signature dishes from local restaurants, and fashion shows display intriguing threads. At some events, there is even live music to fuel dancing or just make metronomes feel more comfortable.
Having effectively chilled out over 95,000 attendees across seven Florida cities since its inception in 2008, Chillounge Night brings the power of chill to Huizenga Plaza. This benefit for Riverwalk Fort Lauderdale features a feast of pulse-lowering festivities and tranquilizing entertainment. Here's what to expect from this calming Saturday night soiree:
- The Dancers: Sway to the sensual moves of Phoebe Vecchioni and her Samba troupe, who were featured on America's Got Talent
- Live Music: Groove to the tunes of DJ Favian Portillo and live music from Eloquence the Band and Karina Iglesias & The Nu-Thang
- Chill Pads: Chillax on hundreds of stylish cabanas and outdoor furnishing, plus a literal parade of daybeds
- Aerial Tricks: Look up and you'll see gravity-free dancer Alexandra Nock spinning in space from the AeroSphere Aerial Balloon
- Dress Your Best: The entire event is captured live and broadcast onto a humongous LED wall, so there's a good chance the camera might capture your best chillax face