From Our Editors
I Am A Dance was founded to help others find a greater sense of self through natural movement.
Know Before You Go
- JourneyDance is a free-flowing dance form that combines freestyle and structured movement to encourage physical and emotional transformation.
- It is facilitated, not taught. JourneyDance isn't about learning steps, but rather activating your imagination and natural intuitive movement through improvisation.
- The facilitator works to maintain a positive, judgement-free zone where all participants feel comfortable.
- A soundtrack of inspiring world music typically plays at each event.
- Wear clothes that allow you to move freely. Layers are encouraged, so you can remove or add if needed. Most participants dance barefoot, but you may dance in socks if you prefer. No shoes are worn during a JourneyDance session.