Property at a Glance: Regal Palms Resorts & Spa
You won’t have trouble keeping your kids busy at this family-friendly resort. After zipping on roller coasters and meeting the little ones’ favorite characters at nearby theme parks, your family can return to Regal Palms to swim in the outdoor pools or float along the lazy river. More fun awaits at the playground and the volleyball court.
- Distance from theme parks: 9 miles from Walt Disney World® Theme Parks and 27 miles from Universal Orlando Resort
- Comforts of home: Each four-bedroom home is equipped with a full kitchen and in-unit laundry. Multiple TVs mean there won’t be any fighting over the remote.
- Don’t feel like cooking? Dine on casual American fare at the resort’s Banana Jack’s restaurant and bar, which offers patio seating and an indoor playground and arcade.
- Get some fresh air while sipping a drink at the tiki bar.
- Take some me time and indulge in a hot-stone massage at the onsite Ascension Day Spa.
Orlando, Florida: World-Famous Theme Parks and Cultural Surprises
Located in the center of Florida, Orlando may be forever associated with the Walt Disney World® Theme Parks—the world’s most-visited entertainment resort. Spanning roughly 30,000 acres, it encompasses four theme parks, two water parks, five golf courses, and the Disney Springs® Area. There’s no shortage of things to do here: begin your day by boarding a rocket-shaped three-seater that climbs to 180 feet before entering a deep black tunnel and racing past stars, satellites, and constellations. Walk across the park to sample Moroccan cuisine for lunch, or ride a dune buggy through a haunted mansion. Before heading back to the hotel, take in the nightly fireworks, laser, and water show. One of the most popular family destinations in the world, sunny Orlando is also home to Universal Orlando—which includes The Wizarding World of Harry Potter—SeaWorld, and Gatorland.
Those hoping to shake up the typical theme-park-dominated itinerary can head into downtown Orlando’s vibrant arts district. The neighborhood boasts venues such as CityArts Factory, a multifaceted patchwork of gallery spaces, and SAK Comedy Lab, which hosts family-friendly improv shows five nights a week.