From Our Editors
For your next family adventure, you'll want to look to the sky. Or, more accurately, about 25 feet in the air, where you'll find Winter Park Adventure Quest. At this aerial adventure course, adventurers of all ages and skill levels can work their way through 24 obstacles housed up in the air. Using a "smart belay" system to guide players through the approximately 90-minute course, participants climb up ladders, shimmy over narrow ledges, and navigate through tangles of rope.
Five Things to Know About Winter Park Adventure Quest
- No experience? No problem! A brief orientation will familiarize you with your gear.
- You can challenge yourself, or simply take it easy. With three different levels of difficulty, beginners can opt for an easier route, while experts give themselves a challenge.
- Show up early. The course advises that you are there at least 20 minutes prior to your scheduled time.
- You're not done when the course is over. Head back to the shop for a cold drink or pull out a picnic lunch and walk over to the nearby picnic areas for a hard-earned meal.
- Don't forget to stop at the top and gaze out at the amazing Colorado mountain views.