Bad food...no people...It reminded me of a flea market
Smaller than expected. Not very many vendors. Food vendors were not ready when festival opened, didn't have all ingredients to make food.
I gave it to a friend of mine, who was disappointed that there was not so much about strawberries.
The car show was the highlight.
Not worth the admission price even with a groupon. Basically a carnival midway, cooking demonstration and a classic car show. The strawberry offerings were minimal.
They need more strawberry food items available for sale and maybe a coffee cart.
It stunk!!! Not much to see or do and I live in Galt and pride myself on this lil town.
The merchants and those who attended were nice and polite.
Very tacky merchandise for sale, appealing to Children. No shade cover on an asphalt surface and 100 degree heat. The only seating in the merchants and carnival area was 50 yards away and limited seating. Very few
strawberry items, one could expect more if the point was to celebrate a local product.
We had a nice time, but it's a pretty rinkydink little festival. Definitely not worth the 45 minute drive we made. There's just not much to it.
From Our Editors
Over the past two decades, the Galt Strawberry Festival has blossomed into one of Northern California's most popular events. Now in its 22nd year, the annual gathering draws more than 25,000 people during a full weekend of activity. Here's what you need to know about this year's edition:
- Strawberry Alley is where you'll find all the strawberry-themed treats and items you'd expect at a strawberry festival.
- The classic car show is one of the festival's traditions showcasing over 100 cars, and this year, it will take place on Saturday, May 20 - 10:00 am to 3:00 pm
- A wide assortment of vendors will be on hand doling out food, arts and crafts, and other goodies.
- Entertainment throughout Festival: (Schedule not yet set)
- Children's Events/Fun Zone throughout Festival
Galt Strawberry Festival