From Our Editors
"And the award for best men's legs in a kilt goes to..."
That's not a phrase you'd hear at any major awards show, but at Kilt Fest, it's all part of the fun. Held at Mercer County Park, Kilt Fest celebrates Irish and Scottish heritage with a full day of festivities, music, and games—plus, of course, a "Best Men's Legs in a Kilt" contest. Here's what else you can expect:
- Live music from celtic rock bands, including Alternative Ulster and The Skels, plus plenty of bagpipes.
- Highland games with world-class athletes competing in traditional Scottish games, such as the hammer toss, stone throws, and caber toss.
- An epic kilted battle between fictional medieval armies
- Craft beer, including Scottish and Irish ales and stouts, poured by Man Skirt Brewery, Spellbound Brewing, and other New Jersey breweries.
- For the kids: a show blending traditional Irish music, storytelling, and step dancing—this show was featured at the JFK Presidential Library in Boston.