From Our Editors
In Focus: La Finestra
- Cuisine: Sicilian-style Italian food done simple and right
- For meat-eaters: flatiron steak in demi glace with asparagus mushroom sage butter
- For leaf-eaters: grilled eggplant baked in a tomato sauce with a trio of cheeses
- Where to sit: near the ivy-coated archway, where you can catch a whiff of the fragrant eucalyptus plants outside
- What to drink: whatever you like—the restaurant is BYOB
- When to go: Monday night, when the restaurant waives its usual corkage fee. Friday night is also good time to go, especially if you enjoy live piano music.