All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
· Reviewed October 20, 2016
· Reviewed January 4, 2017
Reviewed June 11, 2015
What You'll Get
- $42 for one hypnotherapy session ($125 value)
Three Things to Know About Hypnosis
Despite its less-than-serious depiction in cartoons and movies, hypnosis can be an effective tool for therapy. Read on to learn more about the way hypnosis affects our conscious minds.
1. People aren’t unconscious under hypnosis. In fact, they are in a state of focused hyper-awareness. Subjects’ suggestibility does not emerge from any lack of understanding, but rather from the suppression of inhibitions. That might result in a stage performer making a person feel comfortable enough to cluck like a duck that thinks it’s a chicken, but for a therapist it might mean circumventing the conscious mind’s tendency to make excuses for an addiction.
2. You cannot be hypnotized against your will. Although it is true that a hypnotized person will be more susceptible to suggestion, it’s simply not possible to force them to do something that they don’t want to do. Likewise, when battling a deep-set psychological issue such as a phobia or an addiction, hypnosis doesn’t work by reversing the patient’s unwanted thoughts but by gradually strengthening their resolve to silence them.
3. Hypnosis often takes hold gradually. Many hypnotherapists use a method known as progressive relaxation. Introducing peaceful imagery in slow, soothing tones, the professional lulls the patient into a state of relaxation over a longer period of time—as long as a half-hour—and gauges their suggestibility with simple, easy-to-swallow commands such as “relax your arms.”
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires 120 days after purchase. Amount paid never expires. Appointment required. Limit 1 per person. May be repurchased every 180 days. Limit 1 per visit. All goods or services must be used by the same person. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About <h4>A Chat with Elsen Hypnotherapy</h4>
What services does your business offer and what makes your business stand out from the competition?
At Elsen Hypnotherapy you will work with Pieter Elsen Ph.D., who draws from a life rich of knowledge and experience. His knowledgeable and compassionate personality will support you in finding your own answers, and help you get through whatever you need to get through in this phase of your life.
What was the inspiration to start or run this business?
With his life dedicated to a spiritual search and self-actualization, Pieter loves to share this knowledge and experience with others.
What do you love most about your job?
The idea to help people discover their inborn talents, confidence and potential is the greatest joy in my life.
What is the best reaction you've ever gotten from a customer?
Its that light that suddenly turns on in my clients eyes; this inner knowing that, yes, I can get through this; yes, I can do this.