From Our Editors
Painted murals stretch across the inside of Wye Marsh Wildlife Centre's main building, showing natural landscapes and diverse wildlife. These murals aren't lifeless art installations. They're a vivid representation of what you'll find outside while exploring the Wye Marsh.
- Size: 3,000 acres of wetlands, forests, and open spaces.
- Activities: Feed chickens, take a guided canoe trip, and explore 25 kilometres of trails on bike or foot.
- Success story: Special displays chronicle the trumpeter swan and its restoration to Ontario.
- Eye catchers: The active honey bees that buzz in and out of the screened-in bee house.
- Don't miss: The chance to see hawks, owls, and falcons during the birds of prey show.
- Pro tip: The center hosts a free reptile show on Saturdays.