What You'll Get
Choose from Six Options
- $40 for two car washes with vacuuming and a wipe down for a small vehicle ($80 value)
- $55 for two car washes with vacuuming and a wipe down for a medium vehicle ($110 value)
- $65 for two car washes with vacuuming and a wipe down for a large vehicle ($130 value)
- $79 for one month of car washes for a small vehicle ($160 value)
- $109 for one month of car washes for a medium vehicle ($220 value)
- $129 for one month of car washes for a large vehicle ($260 value)
Chrome: Beauty and Brawn
A car wash or detail might revive the shine on sullied chrome, but that mirror-like material isn’t just for looks. Check out Groupon’s guide to the purpose and process behind a chrome finish.
A car’s gleaming grill or a motorcycle’s shining exhaust pipes sure look pretty, but chrome plating is just as much about function as it is about style. True to its name, chrome contains chromium—a hard, rust-resistant metal element that, when overlaid on another material such as nickel, steel, copper, or plastic, results in a bright and durable finish. This combination of a radiant, bluish-white sheen and resistance to corrosion has made chrome a popular coating for appliances, industrial tools, and—of course—automotive trim.
Chrome is applied using a process called electroplating. After a quick dip in acid to remove any oxides from its surface, the material is coated with copper and nickel and transferred to a solution of chromic acid and another catalyst. There, an electric current attracts charged chromium ions to the material’s surface, locking in the bright, silvery shine much as a coat of varnish locks in the pioneer spirit of a Lincoln Log.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires 180 days after purchase. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per person, may buy 1 additional as gift. Valid only for option purchased. Limit 1 per visit. Appointment required. Merchant's standard cancellation policy applies (any fees not to exceed voucher price).Extra fee for oversized vehicles. May be repurchased every 30 days. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.