From Our Editors
At the turn of the 20th century, Red Wing businessman Theodore B. Sheldon decided that a portion of his estate should be bestowed on his home city for the public benefit. Four years later in 1904, the opulent T. B. Sheldon Memorial Auditorium opened its doors to the era's traveling shows and Impressionist painters. Within 30 years, however, the stock market had crashed, the medium of film was growing, and the theater had to adapt. The Sheldon was converted into a cinema in 1936, and while it remained operational for the next few decades, its glory began to fade. Luckily, a group of concerned citizens stepped in, determined to return the venue to its original splendor. Today, the building has been fully restored to its 1904 design, although ghosts have been politely asked to leave.