Hotel at a Glance: Villa Roma Resort and Conference Center
Whether you’re coming to the Catskills to explore nature or just relax with family, Villa Roma Resort and Conference Center has you covered. For kids, there’s an indoor pool that’s open all year, plus a jungle gym and a teen lounge. After sunset, you can head to one of three nightclubs: Marty’s Lounge for Top 40 hits, The Mezzanine Piano Bar for after-dinner cocktails, or Club Forum for comedy or music acts.
- Dining options: Have dinner in the main dining room and Italian ice at Dolce’s Ice Cream Parlor, just two of the resort’s eateries.
- Freshen up your look or let your cares melt away with a massage at the salon and spa.
- Take a dip in your choice of the resort’s many indoor and outdoor pools and hot tubs.
- Indoor fun: Shoot some pool in the game room or play bocce ball.
- Game on: Kids will love the arcade, which has a prize center.
Callicoon, New York: A Catskills Escape on the Pennsylvania Border
Just off the shores of the Delaware River lies the little town of Callicoon, a sleepy getaway in the foothills of the Catskill Mountains. The Upper Delaware Scenic and Recreational River parkland gives you ample opportunities to enjoy the great outdoors. Black bass, walleye, and muskellunge are prevalent in the river, making it a big destination for fishing. The waters are swift and whitecapped, too, making the river popular for kayaking and canoeing. Hiking spots are plentiful as well.
You can hit another type of trail altogether—the pottery trail. It makes stops at various local pottery studios where you can purchase unique art. The Antique Center of Callicoon has three stories full of prints, jewelry, and vintage clothing. For something more offbeat, visit one of several alpaca farms. After a long day of exploring, head downtown to the Callicoon Brewing Company, which serves up original craft beers.