What You'll Get
Choose from Nine Options
- $46 for two 45-minute personal-training sessions for one person ($108 value)
- $89 for four 45-minute personal-training sessions for one person ($216 value)
- $141 for six 45-minute personal-training sessions for one person ($324 value)
- $63 for two 45-minute personal-training sessions for two people ($160 value)
- $135 for four 45-minute personal-training sessions for two people ($320 value)
- $225 for six 45-minute personal-training sessions for two people ($480 value)
- $76 for two 45-minute personal-training sessions for three people ($210 value)
- $183 for four 45-minute personal-training sessions for three people ($420 value)
- $264 for six 45-minute personal-training sessions for three people ($630 value)
Building Muscle: Cells on the Move
Read on to learn exactly how personal training leaves you with more muscle or better tone.
Bulky upper-body muscles might have hindered early humans who had to chase their prey across the plains, but it could help those who often had to climb trees to adjust their satellite dishes. That’s why the body builds muscle according mostly to use: do enough curls, and the biceps expand. As anyone who has experienced post-workout soreness could intuit, those curls are actually a form of controlled damage, making thousands of miniscule tears to the muscle tissue that beckon autoimmune cells to show up alongside testosterone and other hormones. The white blood cells help switch on satellite cells, which are similar to stem cells. Before they're activated, satellite cells aren't doing much—instead, they lie dormant around muscle fibers until they're called into action to repair torn tissue.
This isn't the only kind of cellular transformation at work in growing muscles. Long muscle cells, which contain several nuclei, can also begin to change type after a workout. Certain kinds of muscle fibers are equipped to handle brief bursts of effort but will quickly become tired if asked to do more intense work. These are the first to disappear as someone starts an exercise routine, as they're converted into fibers with more endurance. This principle is so dramatic that a sports scientist can generally tell whether someone is a professional athlete or a professional mattress model by examining a minute sample of muscle tissue.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires 180 days after purchase. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per person or group, may buy 1 additional as a gift. Must activate by the expiration date on your voucher, sessions expire 8 weeks from activation date. Valid only for option purchased. Appointment required 48hrs in advance; subject to availability. Merchant's standard cancelation policy applies (any fees not to exceed voucher price). Must sign waiver. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Not valid for clients who have had a 1-on-1 personal training session in the past 12 months. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.