From Our Editors
Lark Creek Steak: A User's Guide
- Starter: local asparagus soup
- Entree: 28-day dry-aged USDA prime rib-eye steak
- Side: buttermilk biscuits with seasonal fruit compote and butter infused with andouille sausage, maple syrup, and pecans
- Dessert: lemon cheesecake with almond-lavender streusel
Where to Sit: Lark Creek Steak is housed in a shopping mall, but you might forget that fact when you pull up a tall leather chair at the bar.
- Noted by the Michelin Guide for its “hearty American fare”
- Named one of the best steak houses in the city by Zagat
- Named a top steak house in the country by Gayot
Porterhouse steak: a T-bone with a new york strip steak on one side and a tenderloin—at least 2 inches across—on the other.
Rib-eye steak: a tender, flavorful cut of beef from the rib section that is prepared either bone-in or boneless.
While You're in the Neighborhood
Before: Browse antique books in a nearly century-old store at The Brick Row Book Shop (49 Geary Street).
After: Experience the feel of a genuine speakeasy at Bourbon & Branch (501 Jones Street).