From Our Editors
Five Things to Know About Cake Coquette
Cake Coquette is the brainchild of baker Gabrielle Feuersinger, who specializes in custom cakes for weddings, birthdays, and other special events. Here are a few more things you should know about her business.
- Gabrielle has a serious résumé. She trained at the California Culinary Academy in San Francisco before going on to work at prestigious kitchens in the W Hotel in Seattle and Cake Divas in LA.
- She’s caught the attention of the industry. Gabrielle and her cakes have been featured in numerous wedding magazines, including The Knot and Today’s Bride. She’s also made three appearances on Food Network’s Cake Challenge.
- Her cakes are driven by imagination. Gabrielle’s mother used to tell her a fairytale about a magical kingdom that was made entirely of sweets. That story continues to inspire her as she sculpts buttercream and cake into everything from electric guitars to sports cars.
- She needs time to plan. Gabrielle works by appointment only, and she collaborates closely with her clients.
- There are flavor and texture combinations for nearly any palate. She uses fresh fruits, chocolates, liqueurs, and nuts to create countless cakes and fillings, and she’ll gladly work with customers to find the perfect blend to suit their tastes.