From Our Editors
In Focus: New Aux Delices Vietnamese Restaurant
- Location: Mission District
- How to look like a regular: Brush off your stethoscope and scubs—medical professionals from San Francisco General Hospital accross the street make up most of the clientele
- Best dish for heat lovers: sauteéd catfish filet served in a clay pot with spicy sauce
- French habits die hard: The charbroiled 8-ounce steak calls back to Vietnam's colonial past by being cooked up the French way—meaning with plenty of butter.
- Best reason to skip the morning latte: the Vietnamese iced coffee prepared using a traditional metal French drip filter
- Treats for a sweet tooth: fried banana or pineapple sprinkled with sugar