From Our Editors
Outerlands: A User’s Guide
- Weekday breakfast (8 to 11 a.m.): sweet daily grain with almond milk and roasted apples
- Lunch (11 a.m. to 3 p.m.): cast-iron grilled cheese sandwich brushed with garlic oil
- Dinner (5:30 to 10 p.m.): black cod with fennel, apple, tamari, pickl, and buttermilk
- Weekend brunch (9 a.m. to 3 p.m.) : Dutch pancake baked in a cast iron pan
What to Drink: one of the house cocktails, or something from the unique selection of artisanal spirits. They also serve wine, draft beers, and pots of organic tea.
How They Respect the Earth (And Your Tongue): by utilizing sustainable resources and gathering ingredients from organic farms, ranches, and specialty food purveyors.
Decor: rustic modern. The walls are covered in weathered barnwood that resembles driftwood, and large windows near the front flood the small space with light.
Bragging Rights Outerlands was declared one of San Francisco’s ten most-Instagrammed restaurants by Eater.com for its inventive food.
- Reservations are available for up to five people, and up to one month in advance.
- Don’t worry if you don’t have a reservation, though. Chances are, you’ll be able to nab a spot during non-peak hours. That’s because half of the dining room is set aside for walk-ins, including the heated patio. The 11-seat bar also offers full dining service.
- In addition to the normal menu, daily pastries are available while supplies last. the selection may include coffee cake, muffins, and gluten-free brownies topped with smoked salt.