From Our Editors
Rendezvous Tapas Lounge: A User’s Guide
- Small plates: lamb sliders, octopus ceviche, and housemade hummus
- Large plates: seafood risotto, mussels, and grilled flat-iron steak
- Burger: mediterranean burger with an oregano bun, caramelized onions, and feta
- Personal pizza: the Pacific Heights, with smoked salmon, chives, and sour cream
- Dessert: orange blossom beignets or brownie a la mode
Cocktail: the Fox River, made with whisky, peaches, lemon, and peach bitters
Where to Sit Grab a seat at the island bar for a more casual vibe, or, if you’re feeling swanky, nab a booth in the posh VIP Lounge and order bottle service. Otherwise, head to the large dining area, which is ideal for sharing tapas with friends.
Where Not to Sit: the dance floor, where the sounds of Bay Area-DJs force legs to perform the Electric Slide whether they like it or not.
When to Go: from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. for social hour, which features drink specials. Or head in after 10 p.m. for late-night eats like truffle fries, burgers, or lamb sliders.
While You’re Waiting Sip on one of the lounge’s signature cocktails, like the Rendezvous Sig, with Beefeater gin, lavender, lemon, and honey.
If You Can’t Make It, Try This: the Spanish tapas at Zarzuela (2000 Hyde Street). If you’re more interested in dancing and atmosphere than food, then stop in at Playland Bar (1351 Polk Street)