From Our Editors
Five Things to Know About Sausalito Cafe
Sausalito Cafe serves up a mix of American classics and Middle Eastern specialties. Read on to learn more about this popular breakfast and lunch spot.
- The Qura family (pronounced “koora”) runs things. They emigrated from Ramallah, Palestine, in 1989, bringing with them Mediterranean culinary traditions that are vital to the café.
- There are three Sausalito Cafe locations. That includes the first Sausalito on 1st and Mission, which opened in 2006.
- Some menu items are a fusion of American and Mediterranean cuisines. The gyro breakfast burrito, for instance, is stuffed with grilled lamb and beef, tzatziki sauce, eggs, black beans, and cheese.
- You can place an order for pickup online. However, this option is only available at the 100 First Street location.
- If you can't make it, check out Celebrity Cafe. It's stationed in San Mateo and is actually the Qura family's first venture, opened in 2001.