From Our Editors
In Focus: St. Mary's Pub
- What the pub used to be: a rundown dive bar
- What the pub is today: a modern pub with red vinyl booths, a jukebox, and a pool table that's free every Monday
- Pub motto: “The holiest place to fall from grace””
- Specialty: There are seven different bloody marys, including versions with masala sauce, sake, and habanero sauce. SF Weekly named them the city's best in 2013.
- Best time to go: Saturday or Sunday between noon and 6 p.m. That’s when the bloody marys are available.
- Other notable drink specials: $4 margaritas on Tuesday and $1.50 PBR cans on Wednesday
- Entertainment: Live DJs spin everything from rare soul to garage rock, a subgenre performed entirely with garage-door openers.