From Our Editors
In Focus: Sweet Woodruff
- The vibe: a cozy, counter-service version of Sons & Daughters with 20 seats and an open kitchen
- The menu: changes daily depending on the availability of seasonal ingredients
- Sample dishes: fried oyster po'boys with creole remoulade, garlic-roasted taters with tomato jam, savory rye risotto with roasted eggplant and toasted hazelnuts
- How to ensure a good time: order something off the ever-changing drink list consisting of eight by-the-glass wines and a small selection of Northern California microbrews
- Best way to impress a date: know how to cook. Fortunately, Sweet Woodruff can help you with that; they offer cooking classes on their off days, including small-bird butchery and basic pasta making.