From Our Editors
In Focus: The Golden West
- Meals served: breakfast and lunch
- Hours: weekdays from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Specialties: Fresh deli fare and pastries are made at the restaurant, including pulled-pork and spicy-tofu sandwiches, oatmeal-walnut cookies, and pomegranate lemonade.
- Where to place your order: Head to the walk-up window, order at one window, pick up your food at another, and bring an umbrella if it's raining, because there's no awning or indoor area to shield you from the weather.
- Delivery and catering: available through its sister business, Sub Rosa Catering
- How to find it: Refresh yourself on the periodic table and look out for a black sign with Au, the symbol for gold, illuminated in yellow neon lights. Other than the outdoor line, it's the only way to find this secret spot.