From Our Editors
The Five Ws of The Hollow Cow Market
- Who shops there: Nearby neighbors pop in for the convenience, but fans of the deli sandwiches will travel across town for a bite.
- What you should order: The fresh-roasted turkey sandwich is a customer favorite because instead of ordering pre-cooked meat, the deli roasts its own turkey in house.
- When you should go: Stop by during lunchtime for a sandwich or skip the afternoon rush to leisurely peruse Hollow Cow’s stock of gourmet groceries and wines.
- Where is it: at the corner of Greenwich and Steiner, six blocks from the Presidio of San Francisco
- Why you should go: Whether you want to grab a sandwich to-go, pick up some pantry essentials, or browse dozens of domestic and imported wines, you can do it all in one spot that’s just around the corner.