From Our Editors
The Showdown: A User’s Guide
Where to Sit: Belly up to the front bar while you wait for friends, then continue back to a full table.
When to Go
- Showdown’s open every day but Sunday until 2 a.m., and makes for a great before- or after-dinner stop.
- Snag $3 drafts and well drinks during happy hour (5 p.m.–8 p.m., Tuesday–Friday).
While You’re Waiting
- If Louie the bar’s English bulldog is willing to relax his stiff upper lip, maybe you can snap a picture or get a friendly tongue lashing.
- Check out the bathroom for some seriously inspired graffiti.
- It’s cash only.
- Win bingo. Get a free drink.
- Showdog’s artisan sausages are available for delivery.
- The Civic Center BART is a short walk away.
- Check The Showdown’s calendar for upcoming shows and events.
While You’re in the Neighborhood
- Snag some tasty Thai at Tu Lan, right next door.
- Catch a show, the Theater District is just on the other side of Market Street.