From Our Editors
In Focus: Tong Palace
- Specialties: dim sum, seafood, and clay-pot dishes
- Vegetarian options: yes
- Pescetarian options: plenty—the honey-glazed walnut prawns are a good starting point
- When to go: The dim sum cart rolls all day long, but traditionalists should aim for brunch hours.
- Inside tip: Don’t see your favorite dish on the cart? Ask for it anyway. The kitchen might just be able to make a bamboo steam-basket of it.
- Before your meal: Build up an appetite by jogging along the Presidio’s eucalyptus-lined trails.
- After your meal: Shop for bookends shaped like balloon animals, T-shirts of otters solving Rubik’s cubes, and other artfully off-kilter items at Park Life (220 Clement St.)