From Our Editors
Five Things to Know About Tonight Soju Bar
When it comes to drinks, Tonight Soju Bar doesn’t stray too far from its namesake: soju, a South Korean vodka distilled from rice that, according to NPR, was the top-selling spirit in the world in 2013. Here are a few ways Tonight Soju Bar makes sipping the unique libation even better.
- This place is good for groups. Draped fabrics give a bit of privacy to each table, where patrons sip drinks meant for sharing. Alternatively, you can grab a seat at the bar and watch k-pop videos.
- Drinks aren’t necessarily served in glasses. In fact, the bar’s signature soju comes in a hollowed-out watermelon. To make it even more photo worthy, the drink emits plumes of fog from the metal base its served on.
- The vodka doesn’t travel far. Just from the back of the restaurant, in fact—the staff makes soju onsite. Tip: you can purchase a small batch (about 10 shots) to take home.
- Drinking more lowers the price. Finish that watermelon soju, and the next one comes at half-off.
- Korean food is also on the menu. Chefs can accompany the drinks with Korean comfort foods, including kimchee with pork and tofu.