From Our Editors
Trattoria Contadina: User’s Guide
- Antipasti: filet mignon carpaccio
- Pasta: the Pavarotti, fusilli with chicken, prosciutto, zucchini, and sun-dried tomatoes
- Secondi: saltimbocca
- Dolci: huckleberry white chocolate cheesecake
Motto: “Lascia i problemi alla porta”—“leave your problems at the door”
While You’re Waiting: Peruse all of the framed photographs of celebrities who have dined there.
Inside Tip: Since the intimate space can get crowded, consider dining at the bar to avoid a wait for a table.
Word on the Street
- Called an “old-school charmer” by Via Michelin
- Praised by Gayot for its “genuinely gracious service and large portions”
- Hailed by Zagat for its “delicious pasta sauces”
- The San Francisco Chronicle notes that “eating at Trattoria Contadina makes you feel like part of one big family.”
Carpaccio: thinly sliced raw beef or fish dressed with a flavorful sauce.
Saltimbocca: a popular Mediterranean dish, usually made of veal, prosciutto, and sage cooked in wine.
While You’re in the Neighborhood
Before: Browse designer denim for men and women at AB Fits (1519 Grant Avenue).
After: Sample classic cocktails beneath a 360-degree video projection wall at Sip Bar & Lounge (787 Broadway Street).