From Our Editors
In Focus: Village Pizzeria
- Established: 1979
- How the business started: Founder Paul Sarkis only missed one thing when he moved from Brooklyn to San Francisco: pizza. Rather than move back, he started making his own.
- Specialties: Sicilian– and Neapolitan–style pizzas
- Where the cheese comes from: Wisconsin
- What to eat besides pizza: ravioli with housemade pesto
- Best person to bring as your dining companion: It’s a tie. Kids will appreciate the spaghetti and meatballs, but dates will enjoy the availability of wine and beer.