From Our Editors
In Focus: Wild Pepper
- Neighborhood: Mission District
- Why it’s a vegetarian paradise: With more than 40 vegetarian dishes on the menu, it’s easy to avoid meat without having to request a lot of substitutions or eliminations.
- What they’re known for: Vegetarians and meat-eaters alike sing the praises of Wild Pepper’s meatless-chicken dishes, which can be dressed up with a simple salt-and-pepper batter or served in fiery kung pao sauce.
- Strangest sounding dish: Ants on the Tree—ground pork, cellophane noodles, and chopped cabbage
- Best excuse to make a visit part of your routine: They keep the same hours every day of the week (11 a.m. to 10 p.m.), so it’s easy to fit it into your schedule.