From Our Editors
'50s-Style Diner | All-Natural Beef | Local Veggies | Burlesque-Themed Menu
- Starter: nachos with black beans, cheddar, homemade salsa, and guacamole
- Quick bite: Smokin' Betty, a seasoned half-pound burger with roasted balsamic onions, smoked cheddar cheese, and bacon
- Entree: hormone-free fried chicken with a biscuit and side
- Dessert: Dutch's apple pie with ice cream
What to Drink: In '50s-diner fashion, Betty Burgers mixes up shakes, malts, and floats blended with Polar Bear ice cream. These old-fashioned drinks come in classic flavors, as well as unique concoctions such as thin mint, cake batter, and turkish coffee.
While You're Waiting: Read the story of Betty, which is written in a letter on her restaurant's wall. In it, she describes her start in “a speck of a town” on the Texas panhandle, where her father was always absent and her mother took off with a surfer. Eventually, Betty found a new guardian: a man called Big Dutch, who was always willing to whip her up a burger.
- Vegetarians can substitute portabella mushrooms for the beef patties, and folks with gluten allergies can order their burgers “bareback style” (in a lettuce wrap).
- If you can't decide between fries and onion rings, get both on a 50/50 plate.