From Our Editors
Five Things to Know About Arabica Lounge
Arabica Lounge is as much about coffee and pastries as it is about community. Read on to learn more.
- Seating is arranged to encourage interaction. Arabica’s couches and coffee tables are situated to discourage isolation and spark conversation, though nobody will hold it against you if you withdraw into your laptop.
- Its beans come from Portland’s Stumptown Coffee.
- The brunch menu consists mainly of French-inspired egg dishes. But not without some creative twists. Soldier Eggs, for instance, is a dish consisting of soft-boiled eggs kept in the shell and served with strips of toast, German prosciutto, and a side of actual toy soldiers.
- Bakers make fresh pastries and rolls in-house. The selection can include delicacies such as pear-and-cardamom tarts and rolls with ham, cheese, and red jalapeño.
- Its got an in-house vinyl collection. Sift through and throw something on.