From Our Editors
Five Things to Know About Dexter and Hayes Public House
Dexter and Hayes Public House has given the neighborhood a place to hang its collective hat since 1992. Here are a few important points to keep in mind if you visit this mecca for local, sustainable burgers and craft beers.
- There’s plenty to do while you drink. Beyond the downstairs game room, which houses dartboards and pool tables, there’s trivia every Tuesday and karaoke every Wednesday.
- It has Proletariat Wine on tap.
- You can grab some beer to go. Bartenders sell and refill growlers so pubgoers can drink their favorite brews at home.
- Sit indoors or out. The spacious backyard lets guests sip beneath the stars, whereas the high-back wooden booths inside inspire intimate conversations about carpentry.
- Pub snacks aren’t limited to American classics. Alongside burgers forged from grass-fed beef or vegan lentils, chefs whip up Mexican street tacos loaded with fish, pork, or marinated steak.