From Our Editors
In Focus: Earl's On the Avenue
- Seattle.com verdict: “as far as neighborhood dive bars in Seattle go, Earl's has to be in the top five if not number one.”
- Reputation: popular among local college students for notoriously strong mixed drinks
- Other libations: draft and bottled pours of domestic and craft beers
- To eat: handmade turkey burgers, fries smothered with bacon and cheese, wings with 10-plus sauces, including sesame garlic and Thai peanut
- Drink specials: every evening starting at 6 p.m.
- For students: Husky happy hour, which runs every day from 1–9 p.m., includes $3 well drinks and microbrews.
- Closing time: 2 a.m. every night