From Our Editors
Il Terrazzo Carmine: A User's Guide
- Appetizer: steak carpaccio with arugula and parmigiano reggiano
- Pasta: linguine with fresh manila clams, chilies, garlic, and olive oil
- Entree: osso buco
- Dessert: housemade tiramisu
- Despite its white tablecloths and jacketed waiters, Il Terrazzo Carmine welcomes diners in business-casual attire.
- During dinner, pasta is available in half portions to serve as a first course or lighter entree.
Burrata: a ball of cheese consisting of a thin shell of mozzarella on the outside, and a rich blend of cheese curd and cream on the the inside. Derived from the Italian for “buttered” or “buttery”.
Tempranillo: a full-bodied, slightly spicy red wine made from Spain's most famous variety of grapes. It pairs best with simple meats and aged cheeses.
While You're in the Neighborhood
Before: Browse eerie tales and puzzling tomes at the Seattle Mystery Bookshop (117 Cherry Street).
After: Sip a cocktail made with Pacific Northwest spirits at The Forge Lounge (65 Marion Street).