From Our Editors
Pie: A User’s Guide
- Savory: peppered-steak pie with potatoes, carrots, onions, and red peppers
- Sweet: strawberry-lemon custard
- Side: jalapeño coleslaw
About the Owners
- Jessamy Whitsitt: self-taught baker, who used to make these pies for friends and family, and had a dream of making mini pies the next big thing
- Renee Steen: former editor at Pixar, who’d recently migrated from San Francisco and needed to find her own “next big thing”
- Grab your favorites while you can. These individual-sized pies are crafted every day by hand, and they sell out often. To boot, the rotating menu depends on what ingredients are available.
- Besides hitting up one of Pie’s two locations, customers have two more options to snag a pie. They can track the eatery’s Pie Mobile or call and arrange a delivery.
- Get a guilt-free fix with a Mini Mini silver-dollar-sized sweet pie.
- Night owls aren’t forgotten. On weekends, the Fremont Street location’s window counter stays open until 2 a.m.