Now This Is Something Special
$3 pints of beer and Root Beer floats
About this Business
From Our Editors
Zippy’s Giant Burgers: A User’s Guide
- Entree: the Big Bully burger, with grilled onions, steak sauce, garlic mayo, and swiss
- Side: tater tots
- Beverage: salted-caramel milk shake
While You’re Waiting: Wander the restaurant and admire the collection of vintage burger memorabilia: a painter’s cap with Where’s the beef? printed on it or a merry-go-round horse with a cheeseburger for a head.
- Really big appetites might find satisfaction with the King Lou Lou burger, which includes four patties and eight slices of bacon. Down this along with a milk shake and three sides, and you could earn yourself a photo on the wall and a T-shirt—if you beat the current record: 8 minutes and 52 seconds.
- Vegetarians clamor for the black-bean burger, which Seattle Weekly named the best non-beef burger in 2011.
- Seattle Weekly named Zippy’s number 2 in its list of top 10 burger joints in 2012, to wit: “Zippy’s has secured its fiercely loyal following simply by making burgers better than everyone else.”
- In 2012, Eater ranked Zippy’s among its 38 essential Seattle restaurants.
- Seattle Magazine praised the burger’s “irresistible deep, dark, salty-beef-meets-hot-griddle crust” and named it one of the 25 best burgers in Seattle in 2012.