All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
- Indoor climbing
- What’s included:
- Intro classes: 60-minute belaying lesson, full day of post-lesson climbing, and rental equipment
- One-month and one-year memberships: unlimited access to all gym locations, belay lessons, monthly guest pass, and yoga classes
Indoor Rock Climing FAQs
- Is it safe? Yes. Rock climbing gyms typically require a safety course on proper belaying techniques, knots, and other fundamentals for top-rope courses and have designated “beginner” courses for first timers.
- What should I wear? Loose-fitting clothing that you can easily move around in. You’ll be able to grab climbing shoes, harness, and other necessary gear onsite.
- Do I have to be in good shape? Not really—climbing gyms have courses that cater to a wide range of fitness levels. Generally speaking, if you can climb a ladder you can indoor rock climb.
- What if I’m afraid of heights? Try bouldering, which takes place on shorter walls and doesn’t require harnesses or other top-rope gear. Bouldering focuses more on moving sideways than vertically, so climbers rarely get more than 10–12 feet off the ground.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires 150 days after purchase. Amount paid never expires. Two intro classes not valid in Mission Viejo. Children 13 and under must be accompanied by an adult at all times. Must sign waiver. May be repurchased every 30 days. Limit 2 per visit. Valid only for option purchased. Must be 13 or older. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services. Offer is not eligible for our promo codes or other discounts.
About Hangar 18
With more than 55,000 square feet of climbing surfaces, Hangar 18 offers ample terrain for climbers of all skill levels. From first-timers just learning to belay to seasoned climbers seeking a vertical challenge, athletes of all stripes can find suitable terrain and helpful assistance from experienced staff members. At the various Hangar 18 outposts, climbers can find top ropes and lead routes circling freestanding boulders, challenging crack climbs, and 40-foot roof climbs. And, after traversing 70-foot routes through lead caves and descending towering boulders, climbers can decompress in a yoga class.