From Our Editors
Chinook Fest was founded by musicians who felt the proliferation of music festivals in the Northwest had passed Central Washington by. Since 2012, they've melded great music with the great outdoors at two different annual festivals. These weekend-long events celebrate the wilderness, creations of local artisans, and foot-stomping music, including roots rock, folk, funk, and Americana. Check out the festivals' details:
Chinook Fest Summit
- Location: The central base area of The Summit at Snoqualmie, a resort at the top of the Snoqualmie Pass. There, the Pacific Crest Trail makes it way up the Cascades.
- Camping: For an additional fee, you can reserve a site, opt for RV camping, or book an upgraded glamping setup. A secluded, quieter area is available for camping families. Those who aren't into roughing it can take advantage of special rates at the nearby Summit Inn.
- Past Performers: X Ambassadors, Allen Stone, Barcelona
- Activities: Stand up paddle boarding on Keechelus Lake, biking, lawn games, hiking on the Pacific Crest Trail, kids' corner with bouncy houses, tie-DYE tent and face panting
Chinook Fest Central
- Location: In quaint Jim Sprick Community Park on the banks of the Naches River. It's a scenic drive to the east side of the Chinook Pass—you'll catch breathtaking glimpses of Mount Rainier and other parts of the Cascade Range.
- Camping: For an additional fee, you can reserve a site or opt for RV camping. Nearby Elk Ridge Campground offers more RV sites and glamping setups.
- Past Performers: Sturgill Simpson, Lukas Nelson & Promise of the Real, Austin Jenckes, Pickwick, Rust on the Rails
- Activities: Lawn games, taking a dip in the Naches River, hiking
Help Us Improve This Page
See something wrong?