From Our Editors
In Focus: Terry’s Office Tavern
- Established: It first opened in 1936 as Ryan’s Confectionery and Tavern.
- Meet the team: Several staff members have worked at the tavern for more than 20 years.
- From the grill: burgers topped with everything from beer-battered onion rings and bacon to sautéed mushrooms and swiss cheese
- From the oven: hand-tossed pizzas
- Why you shouldn’t ask for a gin fizz: There are 11 beers on tap and nearly 10 different wines, but there aren’t any cocktails.
- Why you should save your quarters: to play pinball and arcade games
- Best way to brush up on geometry between drinks: with a quick game of pool