From Our Editors
In Focus: Rock the Dock Pub and Grill
- What it is: a small, family-owned pub that takes pride in its friendly vibe and blue-collar, working-waterfront heritage
- How to get there: by car, motorcycle, or boat—there’s plenty of free covered parking and a couple hundred feet of dock space
- Leave this article of clothing at home: your lucky blindfold, because the views of Mount Rainier and the Foss Waterway are spectacular
- Most filling meal: the signature Dock Monster burger, a half-pound of beef loaded with bacon, fried onions, chipotle mayo on a grilled ciabatta bun
- When to go: There’s live music every weekend, but there’s something going on just about every night, including open mic on Tuesdays and karaoke on Wednesdays and Sundays.
- What to drink: one of more than 10 rotating draft beers, a signature cocktails, or a glass of wine
- Cost to get in: zilch—there’s never a cover charge. That being said, you do have to be of age to enter.