About this Business
- HoursSunClosedMon-Fri9:30 AM - 5:00 PMSatClosed
From Our Editors
Many people have driver's licenses, but very few know how to drive stock cars, race trucks, and road-course cars. These vehicles are usually the province of professional racers, except at The Racing School. Here, civilians can learn how to drive big-powered vehicles, too. Highlights of the school's high-octane race car experiences include:
- The instructors: All current or one-time professional race car drivers
- The gear: It's the stuff of professional racing dreams: A driving suit and helmet
- The cars: They all have horsepower of 500+, and they've all been professionally raced before.
- The speed: Instructors encourage visitors to drive at real race speeds.
- The experience: Though it varies by package, newbies typically take the wheel themselves, zooming laps around pro racetracks such as Waterford Speedbowl, Thompson Speedway and Devil's Bowl VT.
- The safety record: It's perfect.
- The memories: When it's over, drivers can take home photos and video footage of their time as a star driver.