What You'll Get
This is a 3-part program:
1. Workshop. 2. Personal voice analysis. 3. Consultation.
It’s a practical and comfortable way to determine if voice over is for you. The instructors of this voice over class will tell you for real. (We are polite, but candid.)
- It's fun: This industry is full of friendly people, fun projects, and you get paid to do what you really enjoy.
- It's interesting: The voice over field encompasses many types of projects, spanning virtually all subjects. You’re always learning something new!
- It's creative: You take words on a sheet of paper and paint a picture with your voice.
- It's flexible: Part-time or full-time, even work from home (pajamas optional).
- And there are 21 types (genres) of voice over work to choose from!
- Pursue the genres most marketable for your voice, delivery, interests, and goals. Doing so makes it significantly easier to get work, and the kind of work you prefer.
- And it’s critical to learn common mistakes which prevent many aspiring voice actors from reaching their potential.
- Lastly, it’s critical to determine if voice over is for you. Even though this voice over class is full of people who have unique voices, we “greenlight” only 50% of the people who participate.
1. The Investigate Voice Over Class starts with a fun, exciting 3-hour session.
Your coach will outline the entire industry and sample your voice-over performance, as you take a quick turn at the microphone. The class helps pinpoints your most marketable genres (audiobook, animation, commercial, documentary, etc.), and provides an in-depth understanding of what skills are required to be successful in voice over.
Specifically, you will be assessed on 3 attributes:
- Your voice (do casting agents hire your type voice?)
- Your delivery (do casting agents hire your delivery style?)
- Your marketability (comfort, desire, passion, ability, excitement… is this for you?)
2. After the voice over class, your coach prepares a detailed and candid written evaluation.
This report will cover:
- Voice type – Is your voice distinctive? Neutral? In need of training?
- Delivery – How well do you read aloud? Can you vary your delivery?
- Innate ability – Some people come by performance naturally, others need more training.
- Training – How much training will you need to become successful? How much related training do you already have?
- How quickly did you pick things up in the voice over class?
- Marketability – What genres (audiobook, animation, commercial, documentary, etc.) are you best suited for in voice over? (In this voice over class, you'll learn that there are more than two dozen VO genres.)
- Potential – Are you likely to find enough work to pursue VO full-time? Or should you consider it part-time? Or maybe you and voice performing aren't a good match.
- What kind of demo(s) would you need to become successful?
Review your performance with them. Discuss opportunities.
Using this evaluation report, we will phone you, at a pre-arranged time. You will receive our honest assessment of what path you should (or should not) take. In this conversation, the Advisor will candidly review your coach’s evaluation report with you, and discuss the sensible next step: Move forward or not. If moving forward makes sense, the Advisor will help you map out a plan of action, based on your budget, your schedule, and your goals.
The class identified is made available through CourseHorse, a 3rd party marketplace for Voice Over classes and more. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the merchant, Edge Studio Voice Actor Casting & School, in connection with this offer. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to CourseHorse will be directed back to Groupon.
The Fine Print
Expiration varies. Must be 18 or older to attend. ALL SALES FINAL. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged, altered, or redeemed for other dates, but may send a friend in place. Must present CourseHorse confirmation email upon arrival. Purchaser name must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with CourseHorse and course provider for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale and Extraordinary Event Policy do not apply. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services. Offer is not eligible for our promo codes or other discounts. Note, additional equipment or materials may be required or included in purchase price, see course description for details. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services. Offer is not eligible for our promo codes or other discounts.