Hotel at a Glance: The Washington Inn & Tavern
The Washington Inn & Tavern has greeted guests since before the Revolutionary War. Today, guests can sleep in antique four-poster beds in Heritage Rooms in the original 1744 wing of the inn, or enjoy Classic Rooms’ more contemporary furnishings. All rooms are updated with modern amenities such as free WiFi and Keurig coffee makers. In the surrounding city of Princess Anne, the inn’s historical charm is matched by more than 150 acres of Federal, Victorian, and other buildings that are entered on the National Register of Historic Places.
- Antique furnishings, such as nonworking fireplaces in some rooms, honor the inn’s centuries-old heritage.
- Greet the day with complimentary a la carte breakfast.
- Dig into a sundae at the next-door Rebecca’s Ice Cream Parlor & Cafe.
- Fresh seafood abounds in nearby Crisfield, 19 miles away, which is known for its fresh catches and proximity to Smith and Tangier Islands.
- Explore Princess Anne on a self-guided walking tour, accessible via cell phone, which shows off 36 charming historical buildings, all within 10 blocks of each other.
- Atlantic Ocean beaches, such as Ocean City and Bethany Beach, are about an hour’s drive away from Princess Anne.