The Taste of Chicago is slated to make its return to Grant Park on July 11, and this year’s Taste is going to include something brand new for the festival: the boldly subtle flavor of Groupon. We’ve teamed up with the city of Chicago to serve as the exclusive ticket seller for one of the Taste’s most exciting new features: a series of daily prix fixe meals prepared by celebrity chefs. Groupon is also the only place to pick up tickets for guaranteed seating at the Taste’s marquee musical performances, which include big names such as Death Cab for Cutie, Jennifer Hudson, Dierks Bentley, and Chaka Khan.
Each celebrity chef du jour experience costs $40 per person and includes a three-course sit-down meal in an air-conditioned tent,–the most popular of the tents at the Taste–as well as the chance to mingle with the day’s featured chef without disguising yourself as a spatula. The all-star lineup includes James Beard Award–winner Tony Mantuano of Spiaggia and Stephanie Izard of Girl and the Goat, best known for winning the fourth season of Bravo’s Top Chef.
Click through to check out the exciting line up!
Celebrity Chef du Jour Schedule:
- Wednesday, July 11, at 6:30 p.m. — Chef Carlos Gaytan of Mexique
- Thursday, July 12, at 6:30 p.m. — Chef Tony Mantuano of Spiaggia
- Friday, July 13, at 6:30 p.m. — Chef Graham Elliot of Graham Elliot
- Saturday, July 14, at noon — Chef Stephanie Izard of Girl and the Goat
- Sunday, July 15, at noon — Chef Jimmy Bannos of Heaven on Seven
- Wednesday, July 11, at 5:30 p.m. — Jennifer Hudson, with Luke James as the opening act
- Thursday, July 12, at 5:30 p.m. — Death Cab for Cutie, with Calexico as the opening act
- Friday, July 13, at 5:30 p.m. — Michael Franti and Spearhead co-headlining with Fitz & The Tantrums
- Saturday, July 14, at 5:30 p.m. — Chaka Khan, with Raphael Saadiq as the opening act
- Sunday, July 15, at 3:30 p.m. — Dierks Bentley, with Lindi Ortega as the opening act
This year’s Taste of Chicago is the 32nd of its kind, running from July 11 to 15 in Grant Park. The annual event typically draws millions to its food vendors and musical stage, making it a great place to bump into the twin from whom you were separated at birth.
Check out the schedule and get your tickets today!