We’ve always got food on the brain. Whether it’s because we’re focused on bringing you the best local restaurants for you to explore and discover or if we just need a sandwich because we’re getting a little “hangry.” This weekend, we’re happy to be a part of the Food Network New York City Wine & Food Festival presented by FOOD & WINE.
The sixth annual Festival takes place October 17-20, 2013. It is the only Festival in New York to bring together both legendary culinary icons from around the globe and America’s most beloved television chefs.
The 2013 Festival will once again bring together the world’s greatest chefs, winemakers, spirits producers and personalities to educate palates and entertain attendees in high style. As the Festival continues to grow, 2013 will also mark the move of the Festival’s central hub to just northwest of New York City’s popular Hell’s Kitchen and expansion into Midtown.
To get your stomachs growling, we offered an EPIC deal (all caps necessary) to attend the festival as a VIP. That included round-trip airfare, hotel, special events with celebrity chefs such as the Blue Moon Burger Bash hosted by Rachael Ray, Jets + Chefs: The Ultimate Tailgate hosted by Mario Batali, and the La Sagra Sunday Slices sponsored by Time Out New York.
Plus, to satiate your philanthropic needs, we featured a VIP admission to the City Harvest Bid Against Hunger event, including a private meet and greet with three celebrity chefs. That cost helps fight hunger locally with this Groupon Grassroots campaign.
If you do find yourself at the festival this year, frolicking with other foodies, sampling all the tasty treats, stop by our station and say hello! Over the course of the festival, we encourage you to whip out your mobile devices, sign on to The Twitters, and tweet us the answer to the question, “When do you #checkgrouponfirst?” for a chance to win Groupon Bucks in your account!
Click through for all the legalese for this sweepstakes, and have a great time at the festival, food lovers!
GROUPON “#CHECKGROUPONFIRST” SWEEPSTAKES – OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ODDS OF WINNING WILL DEPEND ON THE TOTAL NUMBER OF ENTRIES RECEIVED. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. AFFIDAVIT OF ELIGIBILITY / RELEASE OF LIABILITY / PRIZE ACCEPTANCE AGREEMENT MAY BE REQUIRED. ALL DISPUTES WILL BE RESOLVED SOLELY BY BINDING ARBITRATION AND ENTRANTS WAIVE THE ABILITY TO BRING CLAIMS IN A CLASS ACTION FORMAT. ONLINE ENTRY ONLY. INTERNET CONNECTION AND TWITTER ACCOUNT REQUIRED. BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES YOU AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES, WHICH ARE A CONTRACT, SO READ THEM CAREFULLY BEFORE ENTERING. WITHOUT LIMITATION, THIS CONTRACT INCLUDES INDEMNITIES TO SPONSOR FROM YOU AND A LIMITATION OF YOUR RIGHTS AND REMEDIES. THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED, ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH
2. ENTRY: During Groupon’s participation at the New York City Wine and Food Festival, beginning on October 18, 2013 and ending October 20, 2013 (“Event”), attendees of Event may enter the Groupon “#CheckGrouponFirst” Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) by visiting the Groupon, Inc. (“Sponsor”) space at the Event, and posting an answer to the question “When do you check Groupon first?” to the entrant’s Twitter account with the accompanying hashtag “#checkgrouponfirst”. All entries must be associated with a valid Twitter account and e-mail address. All entries submitted become the sole property of Sponsor and none will be returned. Sponsor also asserts the right to publish all entries or use entries for other promotional purposes in any type of media. By entering you agree to Sponsor’s use of your entry; Twitter icon, avatar, or profile picture; and Twitter username, handle, or other identifier for promotional purposes without compensation. No mechanically reproduced, or photocopied entries allowed. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, incomplete, damaged, or misdirected entries. To enter, each entrant and entry, where each is applicable, must not infringe any third-party’s rights; must be suitable for publication (i.e., may not be obscene or indecent); must not contain obscene or pornographic material; may not contain defamatory statements; may not invade privacy, publicity or other rights of any person, or entity; may not, in any other way, violate applicable laws and regulations; may not contain include any third party trademarks or logos; and may not contain any copyrighted works owned by third parties. All entries will be reviewed for content eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. Entries containing false information, prohibited material or inappropriate content, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion will be disqualified. Sponsor makes the final determination as to what entries are eligible. Submission of an entry grants Sponsor and its agents the unconditional, irrevocable, worldwide right to publish, use, adapt, edit and/or modify such entry in any way, in any and all media, without limitation, and without consideration to the entrant, whether or not such entry is selected as a winning entry. BY SUBMITTING THE ORIGINAL ENTRY, THE ENTRANT REPRESENTS AND WARRANTS THAT HE/SHE HAS ALL RIGHT, TITLE AND INTEREST NECESSARY TO GRANT THE SPONSOR THE WORLDWIDE, IRREVOCABLE AND UNRESTRICTED RIGHT AND LICENSE TO ADAPT, PUBLISH, USE, EDIT, AND/OR MODIFY SUCH ENTRY IN ANY WAY AND POST THE ORIGINAL ENTRY ON THE INTERNET OR USE THE ORIGINAL ENTRY IN ANY OTHER WAY AND AGREES TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD SPONSOR HARMLESS FROM ANY CLAIMS TO THE CONTRARY. By submitting an entry, each entrant agrees that its submission is gratuitous made without restriction, and will not place Sponsor under any obligation; and that Sponsor is the owner of the entry, is free to disclose the entry or otherwise disclose the ideas contained in the entry on a non-confidential basis to anyone, or otherwise use the entry in any and all media without any additional compensation to such entrant. Each entrant acknowledges that, by acceptance of its submission, Sponsor does not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to Sponsor, or developed by its employees, or obtained from sources other than such entrant.
3. SELECTION OF WINNER: Each day of the Event, five (5) winners will be selected at random from all eligible entries received during that day of the Event; fifteen (15) winners will be chosen in total. Entrants agree that Sponsor has the sole right to decide all matters and disputes arising from the Sweepstakes and that all decisions are final and binding in all respects.
4. PRIZES: Each prize-winner will receive $50 in Groupon Bucks; all terms and conditions applicable to Groupon Bucks – available at http://www.groupon.com/terms#groupon-bucks – shall apply to each such prize. Acceptance of the prize constitutes permission from the prize-winner for Sponsor and its public relations, promotional, advertising, marketing, and other agencies to use such prize-winner’s name, prize, biographical information, Event experience, state of residence, and likeness for public relations, advertising, marketing, promotional, and any other purposes online and in print, or in other media, in connection with the Sweepstakes and without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law.
5. TERMS & CONDITIONS: Winners will be notified within two (2) weeks of the end of the Event by a direct message from the official “@Groupon” Twitter account that indicates such entry/entrant has been selected as the winner. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received. In the event of any dispute regarding the identity of the entrant who submitted any entry, the potential winner must provide Sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the Twitter account, and the e-mail address associated with such Twitter account, that posted the potentially winning entry. By entering, entrants agree to abide by and be bound by these rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to Sweepstakes. Prizes are non-transferable. No cash redemption or substitution permitted, except by Sponsor, who may substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Any and all federal, state, and local taxes, and any other related expenses on prizes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the winner. By accepting prize, each winner agrees that neither Sponsor its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, distributors, retailers, and/or any of their respective shareholders, directors, officers, distributors, employees or promotion/advertising agencies will have any liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses, harm, damage, cost, or expense arising from or in connection with participation in the Sweepstakes or any prize related activities, or the acceptance, possession, use and/or misuse of a prize including, without limitation, any personal injury or death. By accepting prize, winner acknowledges that Sponsor, its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, distributors, retailers, and/or any of their respective shareholders, directors, officers, distributors, employees or promotion/advertising agencies have neither made, nor are in any manner responsible or liable for, any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to a prize, including but not limited to its quality or merchantability, or fitness for a particular purpose. Acceptance of prize further constitutes winner’s consent that the Sponsor may use winner’s name, state of residence, likeness and/or prize and biographical information worldwide without limitation for advertising or promotional purposes without further compensation, except where prohibited. All Federal, State, and Local laws and regulations apply.
6. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Sponsor is not responsible for any lost, misdirected, delayed or illegible entries, nor for any incorrect or inaccurate information, however caused, including but not limited to by Twitter users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of entries. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line-systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of email on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or mobile application or combination thereof, including injury or damage to participants or to any person’s computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in this contest. If, for any reason, the contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest.
7. OTHER. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE, MOBILE APPLICATION, OR OTHER SERVICE, OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES (INCLUDING, REASONABLE ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Without limiting the foregoing, Sponsor may disqualify any entrants from the Sweepstakes who deliberately damage, tamper with or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes.
8. OFFICIAL RULES/WINNER LIST: For an additional copy of these Official Rules, or the winner list send a self-addressed, stamped envelope (residents of Vermont may omit return postage) to: Groupon “#CheckGrouponFirst” Sweepstakes; 600 West Chicago Avenue, Suite 400, Chicago, Illinois 60654 (“ATTN: Official Rules” for copy of Official Rules; and “ATTN: Winner List” for copy of the winner list).