Chicago is once again housing the Spring Awakening Music Festival featuring the top DJs and producers from all over the world. Here’s your chance to attend with VIP access! Two lucky winners will receive:
- Mingle with other music fans at Soldier Field with a pair of VIP tickets to the festival.
- Prep your mind and body with 2 swag bags filled with a camel back water bottle, a phone charger, sunglasses, a tank top, and sunscreen.
- Once you’ve allowed all the music into your heart, rest your head at the Kinzie Hotel for two nights.
- Don’t worry about getting there, you’ll have Uber car service between the hotel and the festival.
ENTER HERE. Good luck, music lovers!
Note: This sweepstakes does not include travel to Chicago. Click through for the official rules:
2014 Spring Awakening VIP Package Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
ODDS OF WINNING WILL DEPEND ON THE TOTAL NUMBER OF ENTRIES RECEIVED. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. AFFIDAVIT OF ELIGIBILITY / RELEASE OF LIABILITY / PRIZE ACCEPTANCE AGREEMENT MAY BE REQUIRED. ALL DISPUTES WILL BE RESOLVED SOLELY BY BINDING ARBITRATION AND ENTRANTS WAIVE THE ABILITY TO BRING CLAIMS IN A CLASS ACTION FORMAT. ONLINE ENTRY ONLY AND INTERNET CONNECTION AND FACEBOOK ACCOUNT REQUIRED.
TRAVEL TO/FROM CHICAGO, ILLINOIS TO ATTEND THE WAVEFRONT MUSIC FESTIVAL IS NOT BEING AWARDED AS A PRIZE IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES.
THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED, ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH FACEBOOK, INC. (“FACEBOOK”) OR OFFERPOP CORPORATION (“OFFERPOP”).
BY ENTERING (OR OTHERWISE PARTICIPATING IN) THE SWEEPSTAKES, YOU AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES, WHICH ARE A CONTRACT, SO READ THEM CAREFULLY BEFORE ENTERING. WITHOUT LIMITATION, THIS CONTRACT INCLUDES INDEMNITIES TO THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES FROM YOU AND A LIMITATION OF YOUR RIGHTS AND REMEDIES.
1. Eligibility. The 2014 Spring Awakening VIP Package Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to individuals who are legal residents and physically located in one (1) of the fifty (50) states in the United States or the District of Columbia and who are at least eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees, officers and directors of Groupon, Inc. and the Dankles (“Sponsors”), its parent, and each of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, distributors and other prize suppliers (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”), and each of such employees’, officers’ and directors’ immediate family members and/or those living in the same household (whether legally related or not) of each are not eligible to enter the Sweepstakes or win a prize. For purposes of this Sweepstakes, immediate family members are defined as spouse, partner, parents, legal guardians, in-laws, grandparents, siblings, children and grandchildren and those living in the same household shall mean people who share the same residence at least three (3) months a year, whether legally related or not. Void where prohibited by law.
Limit of one (1) entry per person for the Entry Period will be accepted. Subsequent attempts made by the same individual to submit multiple entries by using multiple or false contact information or otherwise may result in the entrant being disqualified. Entries generated by a script, computer programs, macro, programmed, robotic or other automated means are void and may be disqualified. Entries that are in excess of the stated limits, incomplete, illegible, corrupted, damaged, destroyed, forged, false, lost, late or misdirected, deceptive or otherwise not in compliance with the Official Rules may be disqualified from the Sweepstakes at Sponsors’ sole and absolute discretion. All materials submitted become the property of Sponsors and will not be returned. In the event of a dispute over the identity of an online entrant, entry will be deemed submitted by the registered account holder of the e-mail address associated with the entry for the domain associated with the submitted address provided that person is eligible. Winners may be required to show proof of being the registered account holder. Registered account holder is defined as the person assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses. In the event a dispute regarding the identity of the individual who actually submitted an entry cannot be resolved to Sponsors’ satisfaction, the affected entry will be deemed ineligible. For purposes of this Sweepstakes, an on-line entry is “received” when the Website’s servers record the entry information. Proof of sending (such as an automated computer receipt confirming entry or “thanks for entering” message) does not constitute proof of actual receipt of an entry for purposes of this Sweepstakes. The Website’s database clock will be the official timekeeper for this Sweepstakes. Illegible and/or incomplete entries and entries submitted by entrants who do not meet the eligibility requirements (including all requirements with respect to age and residence) are void. Those who do not follow all of the instructions, provide the required information in their entry form, or abide by these Official Rules or other instructions of Sponsors may be disqualified. Sponsors may run multiple campaigns, contests, sweepstakes or other promotions simultaneously. Entry into one (1) campaign, contest or sweepstakes does not constitute entry into any other.
3. Winner Selection and Prize Claiming. There will be two (2) winners selected in this Sweepstakes. The potential winners will be selected through a random drawing on or about May 26, 2014 from all eligible entries received in accordance with these Official Rules. Sponsors will have complete discretion over interpretation of the Official Rules, of administration of the Sweepstakes, and of selection of the winners. Decisions of the Sponsors as to the selection of the winners will be final. The potential winners will be notified using the information provided during entry by email in a commercially reasonable time after the drawing. The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for false, incorrect, changed, incomplete or illegible contact information. Notification is deemed to have occurred immediately upon sending of an e-mail. The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for electronic communications that are undeliverable as a result of any form of active or passive filtering of any kind, or insufficient space in entrant’s e-mail account to receive e-mail messages.
The potential winners may be required to submit an affidavit of eligibility / release of liability / prize acceptance agreement (collectively, the “Affidavit”) and return the Affidavit within the time period specified at notification before being eligible to receive his or her prizes. If any potential prize winner fails or refuses to sign and return such Affidavit within the time period required by Sponsors or if the prize or prize notification is returned as rejected, faulty, unclaimed or returned as undeliverable to such potential prize winner, such potential prize winner may be disqualified and an alternate may be selected. Non-compliance shall result in disqualification and award of the prizes to an alternate winner. If any potential prize winner is found to be ineligible, or if he or she has not complied with these Official Rules, or if the potential prize winner cannot attend or participate in any portion of the prize, or declines a prize for any reason prior to award, such potential winner may be disqualified and an alternate potential winner may be selected. If, for any reason, more bona fide winners come forward seeking to claim prizes in excess of the number of each type of prize set forth in these Official Rules, the winners, or remaining winners, as the case may be, of the advertised number of prizes available may be selected in a random drawing from among all persons making purportedly valid claims for such prizes. Inclusion in such drawing shall be each entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances. The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for and shall not be liable for late, lost, damaged, intercepted, misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts to notify a potential winner.
4. Odds. Odds of winning will depend upon the total number of eligible entries received.
5. Prizes and Values. Each winner of the Sweepstakes will receive a prize consisting of:
- A pair of VIP admission passes/tickets to attend the 2014 Spring Awakening Music Festival, taking place on June 13, 2014 through June 15, 2014, at Soldier Field in Chicago, Illinois. The total approximate retail value (“ARV”) of a pair of passes to attend the music festival is Three Hundred Sixty Dollars ($360.00) (USD);
- Two (2) swag bags, tentatively containing a camel back water bottle, a phone charger, sunglasses, a tank top, and sunscreen (but subject to change) with an ARV of Fifty Dollars each ($50)(USD);
- Two (2) night stay at the Kinzie Hotel in a King Bed room with an ARV of Two Hundred Twenty Dollars per night ($220)(USD); and
- Car service between the hotel and the festival through Uber, with an ARV of Two Hundred Dollars ($200)(USD).
Travel to/from Chicago, Illinois is not being awarded as part of the prize for this Sweepstakes and winners will be solely responsible for any costs and expenses for traveling to the concert. Sponsors are not liable for any missed prize events, opportunities or expenses incurred as a consequence of flight cancellation/delay or ground transportation delay. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any transportation or other prize element, except at the sole and absolute discretion of Sponsors. Additional prize award details to be provided to the winner at the time of notification. Lost, stolen or damaged passes/tickets will not be replaced or exchanged. All expenses not specifically mentioned herein, are not included as part of any prize package, and are solely a winner’s responsibility, including, but not limited to, airline tickets, hotel stay, hotel taxes, ground transportation at a winner’s destination, travel insurance, room service, bag check fees, parking fees, laundry service, food, alcoholic beverages, merchandise, souvenirs, telephone calls, tips, gratuities and service charges. If, for whatever reason, the concert/show associated with the prize is cancelled after the prize is awarded, Sponsors’ liability for the prize is limited only to the non-event portions of the prize. No compensation will be paid in lieu of the cancelled show/concert. The tickets to the event are subject in all respect to the terms and conditions set forth on the passes/tickets and any requirements of the facility hosting the event. Seat locations (if applicable) will be determined by Sponsors. Each winner is strictly prohibited from selling, auctioning, trading or otherwise transferring the tickets unless Sponsors consent in writing.
Prizes are non-transferable, with no cash redemptions, equivalents or substitutions, except at Sponsors’ sole and absolute discretion. All prize details not specified in these Official Rules will be determined in Sponsors’ sole and absolute discretion. Prize details and availability are subject to change and prize provider’s rules and restrictions, and in the event that Sponsors are unable to provide the winners with their prizes, the Sponsors may elect to provide winners with the approximate value of such item in cash or award an alternate prize of comparable or greater value. In the event a prize winner (and/or his or her companion(s)) engage in behavior that (as determined by Sponsors or any prize provider in its or their sole and absolute discretion) is obnoxious, inappropriate, or threatening, illegal or that is intended to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, Sponsors reserve the right to terminate the experience early. All prizes are awarded “AS IS” and without warranty of any kind, express or implied (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose). Prize winners will be solely responsible for all federal, state and/or local taxes, and for any other fees or costs associated with the prizes they receive, regardless of whether they, in whole or in part, are used. The ARV of the prizes is based on available information provided to Sponsors and the value of any prize awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. The winners may be required to provide Sponsors with a valid social security number or tax identification number before the prizes will be awarded for tax reporting purposes. An IRS Form 1099 may be issued in the name of winners for the actual value of the prizes received. Unclaimed prizes will be forfeited. Prizes, if legitimately claimed, will be awarded. Sponsors are not responsible for and will not replace any lost, mutilated or stolen prizes or any prize that is undeliverable or does not reach a winner because of an incorrect or changed address. If a winner does not accept or use the entire prize, the unaccepted or unused part of the prize will be forfeited and Sponsors will have no further obligation with respect to that prize or portion of the prize. No more than the stated prizes will be awarded. Sponsors are not responsible for and winners will not receive the difference, in any, between the actual value of the prizes at the time of award and the stated ARV in these Official Rules or in any Sweepstakes-related correspondence or material. The total ARV of all prizes awarded in this Sweepstakes is Two Thousand Two Hundred Dollars ($2200.00) (USD).
6. Publicity Release. Subject to applicable law, winners irrevocably grant the Sweepstakes Entities and each of their licensees, and its and their successors, assigns and sub-licensees, the right and permission to use their name, voice, likeness and/or biographical material for advertising, promotional and/or publicity purposes in connection with the Sweepstakes, in all forms of media and by all manners (now and hereafter known), and on and in connection with related products, services, advertising and promotional materials (now known or hereafter developed), worldwide, in perpetuity, without any obligation, notice or consideration except for the awarding of the prizes to the winners. Entrants agree not to issue any publicity concerning the Sweepstakes Entities.
7. Tampering with Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for the actions of entrants in connection with the Sweepstakes, including entrants’ attempts to circumvent the Official Rules or otherwise interfere with the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. Persons found tampering with or abusing any aspect of this Sweepstakes, or whom Sponsors believe to be causing malfunction, error, disruption or damage may be disqualified. Additionally, any attempt to cheat the Sweepstakes, as determined at the sole and absolute discretion of Sponsors, may result in immediate disqualification of the entrant, as well as other possible consequences, including disqualification from any and all existing and future sweepstakes. ANY ATTEMPT BY A PERSON TO DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSORS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK ALL LEGAL AND EQUITABLE REMEDIES FROM AND AGAINST ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsors reserve the right, at its sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify (or terminate the prize of) any individual who is found to be, or suspected of, acting in violation of these Official Rules, or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike, obscene, immoral or disruptive manner, or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
8. Suspension / Modification / Termination. In the event Sponsors are prevented from continuing with the Sweepstakes by any event beyond its control, including, but not limited to, fire, flood, epidemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, communications or equipment failure, utility or service interruptions, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared), interference with the Sweepstakes by any party, or any federal, state or local government law, order, or regulation, order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsors’ control (each a “Force Majeure” event or occurrence) Sponsors shall have the right to modify, suspend or terminate the Sweepstakes or prize. Sponsors additionally reserve the right, in its sole and absolute discretion: (a) to modify, suspend or terminate the Sweepstakes should causes beyond Sponsors’ control corrupt or interfere with the administration, integrity, operation, security or proper play of the Sweepstakes; or (b) to disqualify any entrant found to be, or suspected of: (i) tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes; (ii) acting in violation of these Official Rules; or (iii) acting in an un-sportsmanlike manner.
9. Waivers, Disclaimers and Releases. By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to release, discharge and hold harmless the Sweepstakes Entities, Facebook, and OfferPop and each of their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, successors and assigns (“Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, liability, costs, losses, damages or injuries of any kind arising out of or related to entrants’ participation in the Sweepstakes and/or related to any prize (including, without limitation, losses, damages or injuries to entrant’s or any other person’s equipment or other property, or to their persons, related to participation in the Sweepstakes; or arising out of any violation of rights of publicity or privacy, or claims of defamation or portrayal in a false light; or based on any claim of infringement of intellectual property; or from any typographical, human or other error in the printing, offering, selection, operation or announcement of any Sweepstakes activity and/or prize). Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, entrants agree that the Released Parties: (a) have neither made nor will be in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, in connection with the Sweepstakes and/or with respect to prizes, including, without limitation, to any prize’s quality or fitness for a particular purpose; (b) maintain no control over the personnel, equipment or operation of any air, water or surface carrier, ship line, bus or limousine company, transportation company, hotel, manufacturer or other person or entity furnishing services, products or accommodations (“Suppliers”) as a part of the prizes provided in connection with the Sweepstakes; and (c) will not be responsible or liable for any injury, damage, loss, expense, accident, delay, inconvenience or other irregularity that may be caused or contributed to: (i) by the wrongful, negligent or unauthorized act or omission on the part of the Suppliers or any of their agents, servants, employees or independent contractors, (ii) by any defect in or failure of any vehicle, equipment, instrumentality, service or product that is owned, operated, furnished or otherwise used by any of those Suppliers, (iii) by the wrongful, negligent or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any other person or entity not an employee of the Released Parties, and (iv) by any cause, condition or event whatsoever beyond the control of the Released Parties. Entrants agree and that the Released Parties shall have no responsibility or liability for discontinued prizes; human error; incorrect or inaccurate transcription of registration and/or account information; any technical malfunctions of the telephone network, computer online system, computer dating mechanism, computer equipment, software, or Internet service provider utilized by Sponsors; interruption or inability to access the Website or Sponsors or affiliated entities’ respective websites, or any online service via the Internet due to hardware or software compatibility problems; any damage to participant’s (or any third person’s) computer and/or its contents related to or resulting from any part of the Sweepstakes; any lost/delayed data transmissions, omissions, interruptions, viruses, bugs, defects; and/or any other errors or malfunctions, even if caused by the negligence of the Released Parties. Each entrant further agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all liability resulting or arising from the Sweepstakes and to release all rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against Released Parties and hereby acknowledge that the Released Parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to a prize, including express warranties provided exclusively by a Supplier that may be sent along with a prize. Sponsors are not responsible for the actions of entrants in connection with the Sweepstakes, including entrants’ attempts to circumvent the Official Rules or otherwise interfere with the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. The Released Parties are not responsible for any changes or unavailability of the Facebook platform that may interfere with the Sweepstakes (including any limitations, any restrictions, or any conditions on Sponsors’ ability to use Facebook for the Sweepstakes as set forth herein that are not acceptable to Sponsors) or ability of entrant to timely enter, receive notices or communicate with Sponsors via Facebook, in which case Sponsors, in their sole discretion, may terminate or modify the Sweepstakes. Entrants further understand and agree that all rights under Section 1542 of the Civil Code of California (“Section 1542”) and any similar law of any state or territory of the United States that may be applicable with respect to the foregoing release are hereby expressly and forever waived. Entrants acknowledge that Section 1542 provides that: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH, IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.” The releases hereunder are intended to apply to all claims not known or suspected to exist with the intent of waiving the effect of laws requiring the intent to release future unknown claims.
11. Dispute Resolution.
A. Binding Arbitration. By entering the Sweepstakes, you agree that any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Sweepstakes, or any prize shall be resolved exclusively by final, binding arbitration; except that you may bring a qualifying claim over a dispute in a small claims court in Cook County, Illinois. By entering the Sweepstakes, you are giving up the right to go to court and have a dispute heard by a judge or jury (except as otherwise set forth in this Section 11(A) or Section 11(E)). The provisions of this Section 11 shall constitute your written agreement to arbitrate disputes under the Federal Arbitration Act (“Agreement”). The arbitration will be administered by the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) and conducted before a single arbitrator pursuant to its rules, including the AAA’s Supplementary Procedures for Consumer-Related disputes, available at http://www.adr.org or by calling 800-778-7879. The arbitrator will apply and be bound by these Official Rules, apply applicable law and the facts, and issue a reasoned award.
To begin an arbitration proceeding, you must comply with the limitations provision set forth in Section 11(F) and submit the dispute by utilizing the forms available at http://www.adr.org, and simultaneously sending a copy of the completed form to the following address: C T Corporation System, 208 S. LaSalle Street, Suite 814, Chicago, IL 60604. Payment of all filing, administration and arbitrator fees will be governed by the AAA’s rules. Groupon will reimburse those fees for disputes totaling less than $10,000 unless the arbitrator determines the dispute is frivolous. Likewise, Groupon will not seek attorneys’ fees and costs in arbitration unless the arbitrator determines the dispute is frivolous. The arbitration will be conducted by a sole arbitrator based upon written submissions unless you request and/or the arbitrator determines that a telephone or in-person hearing is necessary. If the arbitrator grants the request or determines an in-person hearing is necessary, the hearing will proceed in Chicago, Illinois, unless the arbitrator determines or we agree that the matter should proceed in the county in which you reside.
B. No Class Action Matters. We each agree that we shall bring any dispute against the other in our respective individual capacities and not as a plaintiff or class member in any purported class, representative proceeding or as an association. In addition, we each agree that disputes shall be arbitrated only on an individual basis and not in a class, consolidated or representative action. The arbitrator does not have the power to vary these provisions.
D. Choice of Law and Forum; No Jury Trial. If for any reason a dispute proceeds in court: (i) you agree that any such dispute may only be instituted in a state or federal court in Cook County, Illinois; (ii) you and Groupon irrevocably consent and submit to the exclusive personal jurisdiction and venue of such courts for resolution of such disputes; (iii) you and Groupon agree that the Federal Arbitration Act, the AAA rules, applicable federal law and the laws of the State of Illinois, without regard to principles of conflicts of law, will govern these Official Rules and any disputes; and (iv) you and Groupon agree to waive any right to a trial by jury.
E. Injunctive Relief. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in these Official Rules, either party may bring suit in court seeking an injunction or other equitable relief arising out of or relating to the infringement of a party’s intellectual property.
F. Time Limitations. If either of us wants to assert a dispute against the other, the party with a dispute must institute arbitration within one (1) year from the date the dispute arose. Absent commencing the arbitration within one (1) year from the date the dispute arose, the dispute(s) will be forever barred.
F. Severability. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules or the Affidavit will not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision of the Official Rules or the Affidavit is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, the other provisions will remain in effect and will be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
12. Sweepstakes Winner(s)/Official Rules Requests. To receive a list of the winners, send a stamped self-addressed envelope, prior to six (6) months after the end of the Entry Period, to: “Sweepstakes Winners List”, Groupon, Inc., 600 West Chicago Avenue, Ste. 400, Chicago, IL 60654 (Attn: 2014 Spring Awakening VIP Package Giveaway). For a copy of these Official Rules, send a legal-size, self-addressed, stamped envelope to: “Sweepstakes Official Rules”, Groupon, Inc., 600 West Chicago Avenue, Chicago, IL 60654 (Attn: 2014 Spring Awakening VIP Package Giveaway), prior to the end of the Entry Period. Vermont residents may omit return postage with Official Rules requests.
15. Sponsors. This Sweepstakes is sponsored by Groupon, Inc., 600 West Chicago Avenue, Chicago, IL 60654. Reference to third parties in connection with prizes and/or third party websites or services are for reference and identification purposes only and not intended to suggest endorsement, sponsorship or affiliation with Sponsors or the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook.
//End of Official Rules//