Groupon is gearing up for Fourth of July weekend today with the first-ever BBQ Day – a celebration of regional BBQ flavors with special deals across seven noted BBQ capitals throughout Groupon’s Midwestern and Southern markets. There will be no napkin left untouched by a barbecue-kissed face.
To start the holiday weekend off right, Groupon has partnered with more than 20 top BBQ destinations. Deals will offer unbeatable discounts on the unique regional renditions of this classic cooking style from each city’s favorite BBQ spots.
Because everyone has their own theory of how to be the best Grill Master, we’ve compiled a few sure-fire ways to guarantee a successful BBQ:
- Stir the sauce to prevent its surface from congealing into stone.
- Make sure to put googly-eyes on all the hamburger buns in order to blow your guests’ minds.
- You know who everyone takes seriously? The guy wearing an apron with something funny written on it.
- As a compromise for sullying your grill with portabellas and veggie burgers, forbid herbivorous guests from enjoying the smell of meat.
- Hot dogs are finger food, but not until after they’re done being licked by flames. Use tongs, or better yet, a carbon-fiber hot dog mitten.
Any other BBQ tips?